Friday, September 12, 2008
Posted by Alex at 12:41 PM
- I like it when situations come full circle. A couple of years ago, Little Church on the Desert had a search committee for a new youth director. One young man came from out-of-state to interview. I really, really liked him during the interview process, but he did not end up as the youth director. Today I find out (via Facebook) that he is attending the same seminary I did and is working at a church as a youth director. It is nice to hear what happens to people like this!
- David is 9 months old today. He has two and a half teeth now (one just broke through the gums) and two more are poised to make their appearance. He can wave 'Hi!' and is going to be an early walker.
- I am struggling with a situation that I'd rather not blog about -- but please pray that I can forgive and forget...
- Tonight is the first meeting for this program year of the 'younger' Presbyterian Women group at Big Church, which I attend as a member, not as a pastor. I love these women and am looking forward to catching up with everyone.
- Tomorrow we are going to a friend's 40th birthday party. I am so blessed and happy that we've become friends with so many of the younger couples at Big Church. They've all been friends for years, but they've welcomed our clan with open arms and included us in all their social activities.
- School continues to chug forward for Thomas, Lily and Brett. We're in a pretty good routine with our schedules and that is nice. Lily and David are napping now and I'm glad to have a few minutes to myself.