CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 08, 2008

My husband suggested that I shop for my own Valentine's Day gift. He knew I wanted some new, nice-ish clothes (things that are comfortable and also appropriate for work). Yay!

I hit the end-of-the-season clearance sales at Ann Taylor Loft and J Jill. For less than $150 I bought:

* 4 tops (one red blouse, one black dressy t-shirt, one turquoise blouse, one grey sleeveless top)
* 1 dress (grey henley-style shirt dress)
* 2 skirts (one denim skirt, one long black, all-purpose skirt)
* 2 pairs of pants (navy blue and light blue corduroys)
* 1 misc. photo album (impulse buy at the register for $3)

The only thing that would have made this better -- having my mom or GGF or another friend along for advice and a stop for a latte.

Have a good weekend!

10 Comments:

  1. Susan O said...
    Your husband's a keeper (and you're a good shopper).
    Rev Kim said...
    Wow, you're a great shopper! What great finds!

    Sending Dave this way...
    Pink Shoes said...
    How fantastic -- I love both of those stores, and those are great deals!!
    Presbyterian Welcome said...
    sweet
    Liz said...
    I am so proud of you! What I love about shopping with you is that you DON'T HAVE TO LOOK AT EVERYYTHING. You get the job done!(I have a friend who finds great bargains but I have to find a nice rack to sleep under as she looks at every-single-thing! Ach!)
    Brett said...
    Happy Valentine's Day, sweetie! I'm glad you found some nice things. Maybe someday I'll move up to the kind of husband who could have figured out how to buy this stuff for you by himself.
    Joy said...
    WOW. Abby will be so proud. Thats the kind of shopping she does. I think I might tell my sweet husband about Bretts valentine present and take myself shopping next week. Hopefully I will be as successful as you.
    Teri said...
    must.go.to.Ann.Taylor.Loft!!!
    Diane said...
    good job (I think I hit some of the J Jill stuff too)
    LambSoup said...
    I congratulate you, I do, on your excellent purchases, and I must add: had your GGF had the great good fortune to accompany you on this excursion, you would have required a small--no, make that a large-- trailer in which to haul home the thousands of pre-loved items the $150 would have bought.

Post a Comment