Sunday, September 02, 2007
It now seems to be my habit to blog in bullet points on Sunday afternoon. I guess my brain is full after three Sunday services. Here goes:
- Previously mentioned baby shower (pmbs) went well. About 25 people were in attendance, with many more donating items for the Violence Prevention Center. My office looks like a Babies 'R' Us store -- packs and packs of diapers, along with tons of other donated gifts are lining the floor. Joy and I are planning to deliver them on Tuesday (and then sneak off for a "pastor/parishioner" lunch. Hee hee).
- While at the local party store, buying decorations for the pmbs, I bought Tom's Halloween costume. On approximately November 1, 2006 he decided he wanted to be Superman for Halloween this year. He stuck by that decision for 10 months. I bought his costume yesterday (he doesn't know about it yet, it is hidden in my closet). In the past 24 hours I have heard him say he wants to be 1) a Power Ranger, 2) a Pirate, 3) Handy Manny or 4) Spiderman. 10 months of sticking to one idea and now is has dropped the Superman talk! Too bad -- I bought the costume, he's going to be Superman.
- Lily is going to be a cheerleader for Halloween because I bought the costume on the super-duper clearance rack at Gymboree. More specifically than just a cheerleader, she's going to be Toni Basil in the "Hey Mickey" video. Did you know she was in Easy Rider? (Toni Basil, not Lily).
- One of my favorite families from Little Church on the Desert came to worship at Big Church this morning! They were on vacation in the area and arranged their schedule to attend our third service. It was a joy to see them.
- Little doggie is enjoying the continued adoration of my children.
- Oh, don't forget that today is International Rock Flipping Day. Don't ask -- just look at my beloved's blog for more info.