Saturday, September 15, 2007
An oldie but a goodie...
Ten Things You Will Never Hear at Church
1. Hey! It’s MY turn to sit on the front pew!
2. I was so enthralled, I never noticed that your sermon was over 25 minutes long.
3. Personally, I find volunteering with the Board of Deacons much more enjoyable than golf.
4. I’ve decided to give our church the $500 a month I used spend on my SUV payment.
5. I volunteer to be the permanent teacher for the Junior High Sunday School class.
6. Forget the denominational minimum salary: let’s pay our pastor so s/he can live like we do.
7. I love it when we sing hymns I’ve never heard before!
8. Since we’re all here, let’s start the worship service early!
9. Pastor, we’d like to send you to this Continuing Education seminar in the Bahamas.
10. Nothing inspires me and strengthens my commitment like our annual stewardship campaign!