CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday 5 -- On Words

This one is patterned off an old Friday 5 written by Songbird, our Friday Five Creator Emerita: Below you will find five words. Tell us the first thing you think of on reading each one. Your response might be simply another word, or it might be a sentence, a poem or a story.

1. vineyard -- the great little gift shop next to a wonderful coffee house -- I've purchased jewelry at the Vineyard as gifts for friends

2. root -- my husband, as he pronounces this word the Arkie way -- 'rut'

3. rescue -- a song from my one of my son's TV obsessions, Go Diego Go (Diego is the cousin of Dora the Explorer), "Rescue pack, comin' to the rescue"...
4. perseverance -- what I am attempting this week, as I get back into my exercise routine after a lazy summer

5. divided -- my opinion on many topics these days

8 Comments:

  1. Amy Stewart said...
    Apparently we were posting our play at the same time - If you see my post on RevGals, I promise I wasn't copying you :). I was reading through all the posts, read yours and then mine right afterwards and it looks as if I just copied you verbatim. Great minds think alike, huh?
    revhipchick said...
    ohmigosh! i can hear Diego's voice singing in my head now! :)

    i love your flower picture on the side bar--beautiful, is it an orchid?
    cpclergymama said...
    My number three is the same. The voices of D and D are often heard in our house (and car, and outside, and EVERYWHERE!)
    :) Great play
    chartreuseova said...
    #2 made me laugh...My husband (born & raised outside the U.S.) swears that marry, Mary, and merry are three different sounding words. They all sound the same to me. But then I grew up near Houston (pronounced House-ton) Delaware just off of Route (rhymes with boot & my version of root) 14...
    rev maria said...
    Your #5 is how I "should" have answered.

    Where I was raised in PA, Mary Marry and Merry are also pronounced (slightly) differently from each other, but Root and Route are pronounced the same way. Guess it's a regional thing.
    Mary Beth said...
    Go Diego!
    Brett said...
    Root rhymes with put.
    Route rhymes with gout.
    Besomami rhymes with smartypants.
    Cecilia said...
    I think I enjoy your comments as much as your posts! Well played Alex!

    Pax, C.

Post a Comment