CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"Psychic-ophile". That is not a real word, I know. What would the word be for someone who truly believes in ESP? Not that they have this gift, but someone who believes others have this gift...

Church Person #3 is someone who believes that their pastor can read minds. This person does not believe in communication via email, telephone or postal service. This person thinks that their pastor can hear their thoughts from miles away. This person doesn't need to let their pastor know when something big is happening in their life, because they know the pastor will just intuit these things.

Sorry, my crystal ball is in the shop this week. You can just spell things out for me. S-L-O-W-L-Y.

Yes, I had a bit of a frustrating day...

7 Comments:

  1. "PS" said...
    Oh, I so hear you!!! Hope the evening holds some relaxation for you.
    PPB said...
    You didn't take that class in seminary? Along with the weather control course?
    Rev Dave said...
    Nope...with my cable package, I get ESPN, but not ESP.

    PPB: you seminary had one of those?

    Maybe we need some sort of Batman style signal to know when people need us.
    Brett said...
    And the stupidest thing is that what these people secretly need is to feel annoyed and angry with someone, and you, the pastor, get to be that someone. If you could read minds, and always showed up when they "need" you, they would just be creepy and crabby to someone else.
    Purechristianithink said...
    This type also believes that they, themselves, are able to read the Pastor's mind and therefore know exactly why the Pastor did or did not do something. They are so sure of this that they are willing to tell others of their insights.
    Preacher Mom said...
    This is SO one of my pet peeves. My tiny little church must have at least a half dozen of these folks. ARGHH!
    LambSoup said...
    Pastor Alex, how could you not have written a post about about the topic I expected you to write about without my having told you my expectation? How could you??? I'm not giving the church another cent until you massage my ego properly and/or the doctor adjusts my meds.

Post a Comment