CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 02, 2007

Try Outs

Oh, my heart is breaking. One of my favorite, favorite teenagers from Little Church on the Desert auditioned to be the marching band drum major at Gigantic High School. She was one of seven finalists, but was not the student chosen for this honor. She is trying her best to handle the disappointment with grace and dignity. But, good grief, it hurts!


I can think of many times I tried out for something that I didn't get -- the cheerleading squad, the Exalted College Honor Society, the role of pastor at various churches -- and it hurts every time. I will be a wreck when my kids begin trying out for things. I know competition can be a good thing, but, boy oh boy, it is hard to see kids hurt. "Human beings, like plants, grow in the soil of acceptance, not in the atmosphere of rejection" ~John Powell.

2 Comments:

  1. PPB said...
    I hate competition.
    Liz said...
    It is an untouchable ache when it is your own children.

Post a Comment