CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 10, 2006

Kitchen Fantasies



Lily received this play kitchen for her birthday. Nana and Bumpa (my folks) bought her all the cool play dishes, pots & pans, and plastic food to go along with it. Lily is truly my daughter -- she has been playing 'kitchen' for the past 48 hours.

I had a similar kitchen when I was her age and loved it for years. I remember the metal dishes I used (they had images of Beagles on them) and spent hours in my backyard playhouse, playing make believe.

Reflecting back on the passion I felt for my play kitchen, it is a little odd that I don't particularly like to cook or bake as an adult. But I realized this morning that those childhood fantasies were not about becoming a great cook when I grew up... they were all about MARRYING a great cook when I grew up! Don't you love it when wishes come true?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment